The work can be done without removing the power unit from the motorcycle; in the photo the power unit is removed for clarity.
1. Drain the oil from the engine (see «Changing engine oil and oil filter»).
2. Using an 8 mm wrench, unscrew the twelve bolts securing the pallet.
Attention! The sump can stick to the crankcase on the gasket. It is not allowed to tear off the pan from the crankcase by driving screwdrivers or other tools into the joint. This can damage the mating surfaces and the seal will be compromised. In this case, to separate from the crankcase, the pan must be tapped with a rubber mallet.
3. Remove the pallet.
Attention! Before you start cleaning off the remnants of the gasket, it is recommended to close the crankcase cavity with rags or paper to prevent gasket particles from getting inside the motor. Small fragments can get into the lubrication system and clog the channels, which will lead to engine failure!
4. We clean the remnants of the old gasket from the mating surfaces of the pallet and crankcase.
5. Remove the right crankcase cover (see «Clutch. - disassembly and assembly, replacement of discs and springs»).
6. Using a 12 mm socket wrench, unscrew the two bolts securing the oil intake.
7. We take out the oil receiver from the socket, assembled with a sealing ring.
8. Clean the oil intake screen from sediment and dirt. The best way to do this is to wash it in acetone or kerosene and blow it with compressed air in the direction opposite to the oil flow.
9. Remove the sealing ring.
10. Remove the pressure reducing valve from the socket.
11. Check the condition of the rubber sealing ring.
12. Using a 10 mm socket wrench, unscrew the bolt of the oil pump drive sprocket and remove it.
13. Remove the oil pump drive sprocket from the shaft.
14. Remove the sprocket and tie the chain with a piece of wire or cord so that it does not fall into the crankcase.
15. Using a 10 mm socket wrench, unscrew the two bolts securing the oil pump to the engine crankcase from the clutch basket side.
Attention! The oil pump mounting bolts can be unscrewed with a long socket wrench using a cardan joint without removing the clutch basket or with a conventional socket wrench, but after removing the clutch basket (see «Clutch - disassembly and assembly, replacement of discs and springs»).
16. Remove the oil pump from the guide bushings in the direction of the clutch basket and remove it from the crankcase towards the sump.