When operating in dusty conditions, the oil should be changed more often than specified in the Maintenance Schedule.
We kindly ask you to remember to protect the environment when disposing of used motor oil. We recommend draining the used oil into a container with a tight-fitting lid and taking it to a local waste oil collection point.
Do not dispose of used oil in waste containers or pour it onto the ground or into drains. With prolonged and systematic contact with the skin, used motor oil can cause skin cancer. Although this is unlikely unless you come into contact with used motor oil on a daily basis, we still recommend washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water as soon as possible after handling used oil. To replace the oil filter, you need a special filter wrench and a torque wrench. If you do not have this tool and do not have the appropriate skills, it is recommended that you have this operation performed by an authorized Honda dealer.
If a torque wrench was not used during installation, have an authorized Honda dealer check for proper assembly as soon as possible.
To ensure that used oil is drained quickly and completely, perform the oil change procedure with the motorcycle upright and at engine operating temperature.
1. To drain the oil, unscrew the oil filler cap with the dipstick and crankcase drain plugs A (1), IN (2) with sealing washers A (3) And IN (4).
(1) Drain bolt A; (2) Drain bolt B; (3) Sealing washer A; (4) Sealing washer B
(5) Oil filter
3. Apply a thin layer of engine oil to the new rubber ring (6) new oil filter.
4. Using the special wrench and torque wrench, install the new oil filter and tighten it to a tightening torque of 26 Nm.
Use only a Honda certified oil filter or an equivalent quality oil filter designed for your motorcycle model. Using the wrong Honda filter or a filter of poor quality may result in engine failure.
(6) Oil filter sealing rubber ring
5. Make sure the drain bolt sealing washer is in good condition and reinstall the bolt.
Replace the sealing washer every other oil change or as needed. Drain plug tightening torque: 30 Nm.
6. Fill the crankcase with the recommended type of engine oil, approximately: 3.7 liters.
7. Reinstall the oil filler cap with the dipstick.
8. Start the engine and let it idle for 3-5 minutes.
9. 2-3 minutes after stopping the engine, make sure that the oil level, measured with the motorcycle standing upright on a horizontal hard surface, is at the upper mark of the dipstick. Make sure there are no engine oil leaks.