- Make sure the motorcycle is stabilised and adequately supported.
- A correctly supported motorcycle will help prevent it from falling.
- An unstable motorcycle may fall, causing injury to the operator or damage to the motorcycle.
Perform the following operations:
1. Clean the area around the barrel base gasket joint to prevent dirt falling into the crankcase when the barrels are removed.
Note: Note the position of the piston alignment mark on the pistons for installation.
1. Piston alignment mark; 2. Barrel
Caution! Support the pistons as the barrels are removed to prevent piston damage.
2. Mark each piston and cylinder bore with a number to ensure the pistons are fitted into their original cylinders on installation.
3. Carefully remove the barrel. Take care to ensure that the piston/connecting rod is not allowed to fall against the inside of the crankcase.
4. Discard the gasket.