The ignition switch is checked using an ohmmeter without removing it from the motorcycle. To do this, you must remove the headlight lens assembly with reflector and lamp in order to gain access to the ignition switch wire connector.
1. Disconnect the ignition switch terminal block.
2. Turn the key in the lock to position «all inclusive» and check the resistance with an ohmmeter. In the on position of the switch, the ohmmeter will show a resistance of 10-30 ohms.
3. Turn the key in the lock to position «everything is off» and check the resistance with an ohmmeter. In the off position of the switch, the ohmmeter will show a resistance tending to infinity.
For ease of removing the ignition switch, it is recommended that you first remove the headlight (see «Headlight - removal and installation»).
1. Remove the headlamp lens assembly with the reflector and disconnect the terminal block and the ignition switch wire connector.
2. Using the Togh T40 key, we unscrew the two bolts securing the ignition switch.
3. Remove the switch from the seat.
We install the ignition switch in the reverse order, tighten the lock bolts to a torque of 25 Nm, having previously applied a fixing compound to them.