- Make sure the motorcycle is stabilised and adequately supported.
- A correctly supported motorcycle will help prevent it from falling.
- An unstable motorcycle may fall, causing injury to the operator or damage to the motorcycle.
Warning! Rotating the rear wheel will cause the drive chain to rotate on the sprockets. To prevent injury, never place loose clothing, fingers or hands near the drive chain or sprockets. Loose clothing, fingers or the hands could become trapped as the drive chain rotates on the sprockets causing a crushing injury to the fingers, hands or other parts of the anatomy.
Perform the following operations:
Note: Note the routing of the breather hoses and harnesses in front of the sprocket cover for installation.
1. Remove the fixings securing the sprocket cover to the crankcase.
1. Front sprocket cover; 2. Fixings; 3. Breather hoses and harnesses